Rooftop bars in London are a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Located in trendy Shoreditch, these bars offer stunning views of the skyline and a chance to relax in style.
These bars are great places to invite friends and family for a night out or to take clients after an important meeting. Here are our top picks for the best rooftop bars in Shoreditch:
Best Rooftop Bars in Shoreditch
Aviary Rooftop Restaurant and Bar
- Address: Royal London House, 10th Floor Montcalm, 22-25 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1DX
The Aviary Rooftop Restaurant and Bar is a popular destination for Londoners and tourists alike. The restaurant offers a stunning view of the cityscape and the skyline, and the menu features a variety of British and Continental dishes.
The bar, on the other hand, serves a wide selection of cocktails, wines, and beers, and the staff is knowledgeable about all of the products.
In addition to its food and drink offerings, the Aviary Rooftop Restaurant and Bar also provides a gorgeous setting for events such as live music performances, private parties, and corporate functions. They have a three-course set menu for £60, which is reasonable for the setting you will enjoy.
In plain English, it’s a fantastic venue to witness the sunset or have a romantic dinner and an evening out with friends. We’re confident that the Aviary Rooftop Restaurant and Bar Shoreditch will exceed your expectations.
- Ideal for: An elegant, beautiful setting to see the views of London
- Food: Make sure to taste the Welsh Lamb with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms and Wild Cornish Turbot with Butter Sauce
- Best Drinks: Mother Nature made of Belvedere vodka, cranberry bitters, and chamomile syrup, and the Passion Fruit Martini
- Events: You can host your private or business parties here, and Aviary Rooftop offers a canapés menu as well as a group dining menu.
- Address: Principle Place, London EC2A 2BA
Second on our list is Vagabon Shoreditch, a beautiful and elegant haven in the heart of the district, located minutes away from Shoreditch High Street Tube Station.
Other than offering a great ambience on its open-air rooftop bar, they have over 100 wines in their catalogue which make Vagabond Shoreditch one of the best places to open a bottle.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine in hand, or try one of the bar’s specially crafted spirits – there’s something to suit every taste.
And with its striking contemporary design, the Vagabond Shoreditch is sure to make an impression on even the most discerning visitors.
That being said, they do not provide any view but rather only an open-air setting, which is still great but could be a deal-breaker for some.
To sum up, when hunting for a romantic setting for a date or a chic venue for an evening out with friends, the Vagabond Shoreditch is sure to exceed your expectations.
- Ideal for: A pleasant bar to learn and taste new wines you haven’t seen before
- Food: They have a menu full of delicacies – Try their Baked Camembert and their Large Sharing Plate of meat!
- Best Drinks: 2016 Chateau Pradeaux Bandol Rouge and 2019 Bodegas Exopto El Espinal de Exopto
- Events: Vagabond Shoreditch can host your private events or parties but also organise private wine tasting sessions and other events such as the “South American Wines Nights”.
Queen of Hoxton
- Address: 1 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3JX
The Queen of Hoxton is a much-loved rooftop bar in central Shoreditch. With incredible views of the city and a modern yet exotic theme, it’s the perfect venue for a summer sunset or starry evening. But the Queen of Hoxton is more than just a pretty face.
The bar is also home to a club to wash the night away, and up to 500 people can come and taste delicious cocktails and mocktails.
Apart from that, Queen of Hoxton hosts events each week, from hip hop events to karaoke to pop parties and much more.
Last but not least, they also have shishas to smoke on the rooftop bar, and that’s definitely a plus. So next time you’re looking for a unique and buzzing vibe, head to the Queen of Hoxton.
- Ideal for: A young, modern, unparalleled location
- Food: You can indulge in a katsu, vegan, or regular burger and fries
- Best Drinks: Check out their Always Late After cocktail with Black Cow Vodka and Cacao Blanc and the Jam Jam Jabberwocky with Beefeater Gin and Select Aperitivo
- Events: You can host all your parties here, from fun hen parties to bachelor parties and more. You can rent a single floor, may it be the rooftop level or the nightclub one, or the whole venue.
The Rooftop at One Hundred Shoreditch
- Address: 100 Shoreditch High St, London E1 6JQ
If you’re seeking a magnificent and peaceful venue, then you simply can’t miss out on The Rooftop at One Hundred Shoreditch.
It boasts an impressive selection of cocktails and wine and the interior design was carefully chosen to please everyone with plants and a graceful pink theme.
One Hundred Shoreditch will also give you the opportunity to learn about different types of wine, as they have everything from French to Italian red wines to American Rose and more.
- Ideal for: Elegant vibes out with friends or business partners
- Food: They offer finger food including Crispy Fried Chicken or Soft Shell Crab Burger
- Best Drinks: Watermelon Spritz and Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Champagne
- Events: You can host your private event or group party at the One Hundred Shoreditch
- Address: Singer St, London EC1V 9DD
Branded as one of the best rooftop bars in Shoreditch for corporate events and parties, the Golden Bee offers splendid views of the city skyline, and it features an extensive menu of delicious cocktails.
Being the ideal spot to sip on a cocktail, Golden Bee offers a variety of cocktails and beers, as well as a selection of pizzas and even sushis on demand. On top of that, they have a VIP area on the rooftop to enjoy wine or a drink in the most exclusive way you can think of.
With its relaxed atmosphere and beautiful setting, Golden Bee is simply the place to be to unwind after a long day.
Last but not least, it’s located within walking distance from Old Street tube station and that is an easy way to go back home after having a drink.
- Ideal for: To socialise in an entertaining way or a premium setting at their VIP area
- Food: You can taste exquisite pizza or sushis when ordering in advance
- Best Drinks: Tribal Warrior with El Jimador Reposado Tequila and lychee syrup, and the Smoking Mexican Sour with Amaretto Disaronno and El Jimador Reposado Tequila.
- Events: Golden Bee has weekly events with different types of music such as Reggaeton, British classics, and pop hits.
Also Read: Best Bars in Shoreditch, London
Upper 5th Shoreditch
- Address: Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch, 335-337 Old St, London EC1V 9LL
Another incredible spot to take in the city skyline is Upper 5th Shoreditch and its wonderful views of Old Street and Shoreditch Town Hall.
The bar is also home to an impressive selection of cocktails, Champagnes, and wines. Also, they have succulent food to order while sipping on your cocktail, which we appreciate.
In addition to its scenic location, Upper 5th also boasts a spacious outdoor terrace, making it the perfect place to spend the evening in Shoreditch.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic night out or a cool bar, Upper 5th is sure to exceed your expectations.
- Ideal for: A beautiful and calm space to have a drink with beautiful views.
- Food: You can taste their excellent sharing platters, Signature Burger and Tiger Prawns from the grill, and finger food like Truffled Popcorn.
- Best Drinks: You can’t miss their Courthousecollings with East London Gin and lemon juice and the Statua Pinot Grigio white wine.
- Events: Given the fact that the rooftop is located on the top floor of Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch, you can host many events here. Host a business meeting at one of the chambers or in the private dining room. Or watch a movie in the screening room. And you can even book the rooftop itself for up to 200 guests! Needless to say, you can host a party that everyone will remember.
- Address: 2-4 Boundary St, London E2 7DD
Nestled at the top of a 4-star hotel, Boundary Rooftop is known for its special attention to detail and unique setting. The rooftop is peaceful, calm, and somewhat romantic, which is fantastic for a posh yet fun evening.
In addition, you can book the rooftop for private events such as birthday parties, wedding receptions, and even group lunches and dinners. They will prepare exquisite starters and main dishes that you will certainly love.
When planning a beautiful setting or hosting a party of up to 100 people, Boundary is the perfect place for you.
- Ideal for: A sophisticated and fun night with friends or colleagues
- Food: They have great food; you can’t miss their 35 Day-aged Sirloin Steak with fries and the Hampshire-Duroc Pork Chop with watercress.
- Best Drinks: Make sure to try their Veuve Cliquot Champagne and the cocktails carefully crafted.
- Events: You can host your wedding reception, dinner of up to 100 people, and even bachelor parties.
Also Read: Best Pubs in Shoreditch
Red Lion Hoxton
- Address: 41 Hoxton St, London N1 6NH
Red Lion Hoxton rooftop bar is a vibrant venue to take in the sights of the chic neighbourhood. Although the views from the bar aren’t spectacular, it’s a cool place to photograph the sunset and to have a beautiful street view.
The menu features a wide variety of wines, beers, and spirits, as well as a selection of small plates and snacks. It’s just a fantastic venue to relax with a glass of wine and explore new flavours, and we couldn’t recommend the Red Lion rooftop bar enough.
In addition to its impressive menu, the Red Lion also offers a variety of food, such as pizzas and burgers. From mushroom and truffle pizza to the veggie burger and fries, there’s something for everyone at the Red Lion.
All in all, we can’t recommend the Red Lion enough to spend the evening as a traveller or local, so make sure to check them out.
- Ideal for: A laid-back, unpretentious place
- Food: They offer pizzas and burgers
- Best Drinks: Bluemoon and Atlantic Draught Beers
Related Read: 25 Best Restaurants in Shoreditch
Rooftop Bars in Shoreditch: FAQs
Is Shoreditch Good For A Night Out at a Rooftop Bar?
Shoreditch is undoubtedly one of the most happening places in London. It is especially popular with the younger crowd because of its many bars, pubs, and clubs. But what makes Shoreditch particularly special is its unique atmosphere.
Unlike other nightlife hotspots in London, Shoreditch has a more relaxed and laid-back vibe but still offers great clubs and beautiful rooftop bars.
What Is The Highest Bar In London?
The highest bar in London is located on the 52nd floor of the Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard in London and is called GŎNG. It offers incredible views of London, and its cocktail menu features a variety of superb and inventive drinks, such as the “Feel The Force” with Grey Goose Vodka and Manzanilla.
Are the Rooftop Bars in Shoreditch Expensive?
Shoreditch is one of the trendiest London boroughs, and it’s no surprise that prices have been rising steadily, and rooftop bars are no exception.
Of course, given the fact that they offer a more exclusive and enjoyable experience than regular bars, they can afford to increase their prices. As a general rule of thumb, expect to pay at least £12 for a cocktail and £6 for a beer.
Which Part of London Has the Most Bars?
If you’re looking for a place to have a pint or a cocktail, then you might be wondering which part of London has the most bars. Westminster is the part of London with the most bars, with more than 430 bars and pubs.
The best bars in Westminster include Red Lion Westminster, The Marquis Of Westminster, and St Stephen’s Tavern.
Shoreditch is in the group of London’s most vibrant neighbourhoods and is home to some amazing rooftop bars. Whether you need a setting to relax after work or want to dance the night away, these bars have something for everyone.
So next time you’re in the area, be sure to check out one of these excellent rooftop bars with stunning views of the city.