Clapham is part of the vibrant side of South London, surrounded by a great dining scene, artistic places, and, best of all, splashy bars and pubs. Clubs are a big scene in Clapham, including the life of the party, Inferno. The Grand offers a great historic and gorgeous venue for partying all night and enjoying live performances.
Despite the big players in the club scene, you may be in need of a more polished and specific tailored experience during your visit. Ven Street records got you covered for pure live music in a cosy environment, and the infamous Adventure Bar will take you back in time with its quirky decorations.
Please go through our best picks of the best bars in Clapham and see the best rooftop bar and best pubs to dine in on the North side. Clapham consists of the South, North, Junction area, and Clapham Old Town. Each area has some unique offerings that make Clapham a cradle for wine and party lovers.
Summary of the best bars in Clapham:
- Best for live music: Venn Street Records
- Best Clapham common bar: WC Wine and Charcuterie
- Best Clapham North bars: Tonight Josephine, Northcote records
- Best Clapham Junction bars: Adventure Bar, Four Thieves
- Best rooftop bar in Clapham: 32 The Old Town
10 Best Bars in Clapham
1. Lotus Bar
- Address: 76 Clapham High Street, Clapham Town, London SW4 7UL
- Phone: 020 7720 2516
- Price range: £10 – £12 Lotus signature cocktails
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Relaxed and cosy
- Known for: cocktails with edible Lotus leaves
Lotus changed the cocktail game in Clapham by introducing edible Lotus leaves bought from the Garden of London. It is an Authentic Italian nightclub and bar known for its wide array of cocktail options and unique presentations.
Bottomless brunch is an excellent addition to the venue with a 2-hour maximum for the £45 per person bottomless drinks and food. You won’t miss any great options on the menu filled with Italian staples like pasta and risotto. The seafood linguine is one of the popular options with Tiger prawns, mussels and gamberi. Main boards come served with a salad and include common foods like chicken parmigiana and teriyaki salmon.
The drink menu takes you through £10 mojitos that are minty, fruity, and fresh. Similarly priced Mai Tai are sweeter and juicier than the classic options. Lotus Signature cocktails are in plenty, from the £12 Lotus Bang Bang made from Havana 7 to the £11 Gentleman filled with dignified and sophisticated tastes of Hennessy.
2. Venn Street Records
- Address: 78 Venn Street, London SW4 OBD
- Phone: 020 3006 5911
- Price range: £10 – £12 House cocktails
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Soulful, lively, and upbeat.
- Known for: Live music and world-class cocktails
Venn Street is part of the Records Bars Family, among other great bars in Clapham, including; the Northcote Records on Northcote Road, Old Street Records, five minutes from the old Street tube station, and the Eastcheap Records.
Venn Street Records has a sizeable list of house cocktails, including the porn star martini, raspberry Collins with Bombay Sapphire gin, Bacardi mojito, and the Elderflower fizz. Happy hours are available every day starting from 5 pm to 8 pm and featuring the 2-4-1 offer.
The garden at the back is open for guests to soak in the summer sunshine and cool breeze every day. The most inviting feature of Venn Street Records is the performances by local talent and independent singers. Get to listen to some of the best acts in London as you take a sip of the happy hour cocktail and slices of pizza.
3. Fu Manchu
- Address: 15-16 Lendal Terrace, Clapham SW4 7UX
- Phone: 020 3397 8844
- Price range: £5-£10 on entry fee
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Great Asian cuisine and affordable cocktail bar
- Known for: Chinese-inspired décor with the Asian bent ambience and lively music till 3 am
Located in Clapham North, Fu Manchu is praised for its lush and rowdy lifestyle with a dim-sum menu made from Chinese and West London favourites. Open till 3 am, the venue is a great place to party the night away with cocktails galore.
Fu Manchu was named after a Chinese fictional bad guy who you will get to see at the entrance of the bar. Chinese themes and décor surround the bar to portray the glamour of Fu Manchu. The bottomless Saturday brunches put smiles on everyone’s faces for its glorious one and half hour duration. However, it does not compare to the £19.50 all-you-can-eat Sundays.
4. Sixty/Four Cocktail Bar
- Address: 64 Clapham High Street, London SW4 7UL
- Phone: 020 7627 2535
- Price range: £9 cocktails
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Comfy and sensual
- Known for: Cheap cocktails
Sixty/Four Cocktail Bar, formally 64th and Social, serve as an exotic bar with dim lighting, candle lit table, and private booths to get comfy with your loved one. It has been operating since 2007, serving delicious cocktails and spirits all week. There is the 2-4-1 happy hour cocktail every day from 5 pm till 7 pm.
The kitchen used to serve special steaks but is currently closed due to shortage of chefs. The sexy bar is known for its cheap drinks starting from $9 and the many offers that the promote from time to time. Check out their Facebook page for any updates.
5. Tonight Josephine
- Address: 38 Clapham High Street, London, SW4 7UR
- Phone: 020 8191 9973
- Price range: £9 – £11.50 cocktails
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Instagrammable paradise with bright décor and cheerful spirits
- Known for: Pink-inspired décor and outlandish cocktails
Men must be fearless and fabulous to get a seat at Tonight Josephine. The highly female eccentric bar is not for the faint-hearted gentlemen as the ladies tear up the floor and grace the venue with little care in the world of what other people think. It is the perfect venue for a ladies’ night out filled with hedonism and debauchery.
Tonight Josephine is close to the Clapham Common and Clapham North tube, which you can take to party the night away only from Wednesday to Saturday. Happy Hour is the order of the day from 5 pm to 8 pm with the 2 for one offer on cocktails and Peroni Rossa.
6. Blame Gloria – Adventure Bar
- Address: 89-91 Battersea Rise, London, SW11 1HW
- Phone: 020 3640 3229
- Price range: Average of £55 for two people on food and drinks
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Cheerful ambience surrounded by bold and sparkling crowds
- Known for: one of the best nightlives in London
Located in Clapham Junction, the Adventure bar got a rebrand and is now Blame Gloria, the hottest groupie location London is known for. It is a great venue for that lavish and overboard afterparty most drink lovers want.
The great vibe is uplifted by the numerous bottomless brunches during the weekend, from drag brunches to bottomless Sundays. Some of the best themes include the 90s brunch themes that are seasonal; check out the website for updates on this event. Daily Happy Hour is available with the offer of 2 for 1 on all the menu cocktail items.
7. Revolution Clapham High Street
- Address: 95-97 Clapham High Street, London, SW4 7TB
- Phone: 020 7720 6642
- Price range: £8 to £10 cocktails
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: bubbly, fantastic, and fun
- Known for: Twerk brunches
Happy Hour starts every day at the Revolution bar from 3 pm to 7 pm. Visit the location between Clapham Common and Clapham North to get the 2 for 1 offer on cocktails at £10.
The food is flavorful with offerings like crispy fried chicken, tempura prawns, halloumi fries, and charred BBQ corns. Fish & chips are one of the mains alongside the tantalizing crispy Katsu chicken with katsu curry sauce and a side of rice and slaw.
8. WC Wine and Charcuterie
- Address: Clapham common south side, London, SW4 7AA
- Phone: 020 7622 5502
- Price range: £20 – £70 wine bottles
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Warm, cosy, intimate
- Known for: Victorian-era décor and 80s music
The candlelit atmosphere in WC Wine and Charcuterie provides a natural beauty reminiscent of the Victorian era. It is a naturally real atmosphere located in a 100-year-old venue that used to be a water closet under the Clapham Common tube station.
The wine list is small and intimate, which is in line with the size and affair at the bar. Curator Gearoid Devaney MS showcases his diverse taste in various flavour profiles and selections with a few of his best bottles. White wines include the Liv Vinho Verde with citrus, playful, and fresh notes. Reds include the 974 Ventvri – AOC Ventoux with smoky, plummy, and chocolate notes.
9. Vagabond Northcote Road
- Address: 4 Northcote Road, London, SW11 1NT
- Phone: 020 4599 8610
- Price range: Approximately £20 to £41 per person
- Food: YES
- Atmosphere: Private, intimate, and romantic
- Known for: 100 plus wines by the glass
Vagabond is one of the best places to have a date night. The 100-plus wines on the list are a perfect combination that adds to the ambience of wining and dining in their year-round secret garden. It has an open-air rear area with natural lighting and a great night sky view. The seating is intimate and well spread out to give you a private setting with your loved one.
10. No. 32 The Old Town
- Address: 32 Pavement Clapham Common, London SW4 0JE
- Phone: 020 3535 0910
- Price range: £8 – £13 cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Food: Yes
- Atmosphere: Cozy and sunny ambience on the terrace
- Known for: beautiful roof terrace
No.32 The Old Town is popular for its roof terrace that acts as a sun trap during the summer and provides a cosy, intimate venue during the winter. It is a high sort-after romantic destination with an exciting menu filled with upper-class meals and mouthwatering desserts. Sunday roasts and all-day weekend brunches make for the perfect social setting for birthdays and other celebrations.
Signature brunch meals include the breakfast brioche with scrambled free-range eggs and melted cheese with chives. Have a taste of the popular Sunday roast free-range chicken with Yorkshire pudding. The £8.8 Pentire seaward & tonic is a popular cocktail made from Seawards bright and zesty grapefruit citrus.
Other pubs and bars to check out in the exciting region include the Stonehouse, the Sun, the Grove, Hawkins Forge, Sugar Cane, Tequila mocking bird, and Archer Street.